Sunday 21 February 2016

XTERRA SA Champs Grabouw


This was the final stage of the XTERRA series and a rather important one being as it is the race which qualifies us for Cross Tri champs later this year. I was a little nervous going into the race knowing that there were a few elites racing the lite. I ignored my nerves and focused on the main goal at hand which was winning the series overall. I manged to come out top 5 in the swim. The start of the ride my legs were a little cold and took a while to warm up. At the top of the last climb about half way through the ride my legs finally warmed up and a hit a good rhythm through the single track. I caught up two positions and put myself into third going into T2. I was unfortunately passed on the run by one runner and crossed the line to take a solid fourth. However the top three were international athletes making me the first South African athlete across the line and claiming the title of under nineteen South African Champion. It was a really spectacular event filled with great people and even better experiences, I must express a huge thank you to all my sponsors for helping achieve this amazing result.




No comments:

Post a Comment